Sunday, May 27
Mark your calendar now for our spectacular start-of-summer block party. Kaya’s love of everything tropical and exotic erupts onto the full width of Smallman Street with a massive fete of music, Caribbean inspired food and great vibes.
Musical acts range from nationally touring funk bands to mellow Rastafarian syncopations. Pulsing Carnival drumlines and elaborate dances keep the energy high all day long.
And since it’s a Kaya party, there will be ample festive drinks and spicy street eats from our oasis on Smallman.
We hope you’ll join us for any part of our all day party, whether you prefer to have lunch and bask in the sunny Strip, catch the buzz in the late afternoon as the steelpan drums turn it up, or groove well into the funky night. It’s all good, mon!
The festival is free to all ages.
Sample Outdoor Menu
(this will change as the date approaches)
- Roast Pork Plate with potato salad, baked beans starting at 6pm
- Street Tacos (pork, chicken or veggie)
- Pineapple-Mango Salsa with chips
- Kaya Dogs with or w/o Avocado, pico de gally, cotija cheese, cilantro
- Chicken Skewers with banana ketchup glaze
- Pork Belly Skewer with banana ketchup glaze
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with chipotle aioli, cilantro and cotija cheese
Blue Chair Bay Rum Punch, Sangria
Draft beer: Tröegs Sunshine Pils & Perpetual, Victory Summer Love
16 oz cans: Bell’s Oberon Ale, Two Hearted, Heavy Seas Pounder Pils